Michelle I. Mason
I'm a full-time writer, focusing mainly on young adult and middle grade fiction with some freelance PR writing and editing on the side. I'm a wife, mom and Christian who loves to play the violin, cross-stitch, cheer on the St. Louis Cardinals and, of course, read. I also watch way too much TV.
Email me at mfaszold(at)hotmail(dot)com.
- @Rockets2Writing Puppy surprise! Her litter was dropped off. No idea about the parents, so we'll see! But she's adorable and cuddly :). 1 hour ago
- I really thought I would spend the day chasing a puppy around, but instead she's slept the day away. #rey #puppylove https://t.co/8DtXB1afwx 9 hours ago
- Things are getting canceled and rescheduled all over St. Louis for the eclipse. I plan to just step outside with my… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 9 hours ago
- MYC: Pacing and Tension: The Heartbeat of Your Story thewingedpen.com/pacing-and-ten… via @WingedPen 12 hours ago
- Why doesn't Conflict = Fights? Conflict is about STRUGGLE not just winning. jamigold.com/2017/08/confli… via @JamiGold 13 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
- What I've Learned in Six Years of Querying
- What I've Learned in Five Years of Querying
- Remembering a Friend Lost Too Soon: Ashley Gammon
- MG/YA Agents & Their Books
- MMGM: EXILE by Shannon Messenger with a Giveaway!
- MMGM: EVERBLAZE, BALANCE KEEPERS, and THE MAP TO EVERYWHERE
- FINDING AUDREY and a Couple of Other YA Books You Should Read
- A Glimpse at My Agent Spreadsheet: Middle Grade Books I've Read
- New England SCBWI Conference: So Worth the Trip!
- Before the Draft
- Blog Awards
- Blog Hop
- How to Research Agents
- Middle Grade
- Quick Tip
- What I've Learned
- Writing in Reverse
- Young Adult
Tag Archives: voice
I just finished a chapter-by-chapter repeated word search of my manuscript, and it was brutal. I started at the end of March and have been working on it diligently since then. That’s right–for six weeks! You may think that’s dedication, … Continue reading
I’ve posted before about checking my manuscript for frequently used words (How I Tackle Revisions: Crutch Words; How Repeated Words Affect Your Voice). Some of these are crutch words–thought, just, really, very, etc.–and others are words that crop up in … Continue reading
Last fall I watched a Disney TV movie called “The Swap” and thought, Wow, I wish I could read that as a book. Turns out it was based on a book! (Also, have I mentioned before how it’s my dream … Continue reading
Hello there! Wow. I don’t think I’ve ever been away from the blog this long. Sorry about that. Almost immediately after I finished drafting, I started working on a revision that has completely consumed me. And as for reviewing, well, … Continue reading
I started writing my new project at the beginning of October as planned, and I’m now 25,000 words in (or back?), so I figured it was time for an update on how this writing in reverse method is going. As … Continue reading